The National Book Awards Dinner and Ceremony Schedule, 2012
Part 1 of 3
Please advance player to 2:05:36 to watch ceremony.
Part 2 of 3
Please advance player to 6:25 to watch ceremony.
Part 3 of 3
Schedule for Wednesday, November 14, 2012 National Book Awards Evening
- Faith Salie's opening remarks.
- Presentation of the Literarian Award to Arthur O. Sulzberger, Jr.
- Presentation of the Medal for Distinguished Contribution to American Letters to Elmore Leonard.
- Break for dinner and then we will return for the National Book Awards Ceremony.
- Remarks by Chairman of the National Book Foundation, David Steinberger.
- Faith Salie introduces the order of the Awards for this year (reverse alpha):
- Young People’s Literature, Poetry, Nonfiction, Fiction
- Gary Schmidt, Panel Chair, presents the Young People’s Literature Award.
- Laura Kasischke, Panel Chair, presents the Poetry Award.
- Woody Holton, Panel Chair, presents the Nonfiction Award.
- Lorrie Moore, Panel Chair, presents the Fiction Award.
- 2012 National Book Awards Ceremony Concludes